Douglas Carlson, Esq.
- DUI/DWI & Drunk Driving
- Disorderly Conduct
- Underage Drinking
- Probation/Parole Violations
- Order for Protection/No Contact Order Violations
- Traffic Offenses
- Drug Crimes
- Criminal Sexual Contact
- Felony Offenses
- Gross Misdemeanor Offenses
- Juvenile Offenses
- Misdemeanor Offenses
Doug dedicates 100% of his practice to criminal defense, representing individuals charged with felony, gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor offense in the Twin Cities, Northern Suburbs, and St. Cloud area. Doug has over twelve years of experience in criminal, child protection and termination of parental rights cases. He has handled thousands of cases to completion at the district court level. He has focused his career on protecting the rights of individuals.
Born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Doug attended Cornell College, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. While an undergraduate, Doug lived and studied language and culture at the University of Alicante in Spain. Doug went on to earn his Juris Doctorate form Hamline University School of Law. As a law student, Doug worked for the Federal Defender as a law clerk.
In his spare time, Doug enjoys fishing, hiking and cooking.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2004
- Honors: Hamline Dispute Resolution Institute, Certificate in Arbitration Law & Practice, 2003
- Cornell College
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: History
- Minnesota Public Defender Trial School, 2008
- University of Alicante
- Minnesota, 2004
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty, Sentencing Advocacy Institute, 2010
- Faculty, Sentencing Advocacy Institute, 2011
- Windom Park Citizens in Action, Board of Directors, 2014 to Present
- Stearns County Veterans Protocol Court - Volunteer Defense Attorney
- Minnesota State Bar Association